Today was leg day at the gym. I hate leg day.
Barbell Squat: 135 lb x 8 reps
Deadlift: 135 lb x 7 reps
Leg Extensions: 125 lb x 8 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 60lb x 8 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 345lb x 8 reps
Leg Climb (a la P90X): 10 reps per leg
I followed up my weights with 40 minutes on the stairclimber. So Pooped.
… and hungry.
Matt and I had planned on making lentils and rice. But neither of us remembered to soak the lentils so that idea went out the window. Luckily we had some shrimp in the freezer to I decided to whip up my favourite Jambalaya instead. Oooooh was it good! On the side we had a romaine and arugula salad with a honey mustard dressing.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. basmati rice
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 c. water
- 1 cube of mushroom bouillon
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 18 large cooked shrimp, peeled
Heat up the oil in a large pot. Add the onion, celery, pepper, and garlic and cook until soft.
Add everything else to the pot except for the shrimp. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer uncovered until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
Add in the shrimp at the end just to heat them through.
Matt and I topped ours with some tien-tsin chili pepper flakes for some extra heat.
Jessie at The Happiness in Health passed on this chain award to me today and made my day! Thanks Jessie!
The idea behind the award is this: Below there are seven statements about myself, six are lies and only one is true. Guess the TRUTH.
1. I have changed at least three flat tires.
2. I’ve never read any of the Twilight books.
3. I played on my grade school volleyball team.
4. I have never won an award for athletics.
5. I can recite New Testament passages.
6. I love ice fishing.
7. I have a copy of an Abbey Road record signed by Ringo Starr.
***So, which statement is true?***
I’d like to pass this on to the following blogs:
- Laura @Home Veganomics
- Kenzie @Healthy Purpose
- Tricia @Endurance Isn’t Only Physical
- Beth @Dining and Dishing
- Jasmine @Eat Move Write
Once nominated, here is what you have to do:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate up to seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.