My 2014 Christmas Wish List:
Left to right, top to bottom
1) Yoga Mat Carrier- I loosely carry around my yoga mat like a chump. I have a Manduka black mat that weighs about the same as a toddler, so it’d be nice if I could carry it on my back from time to time. I don’t really need a mat carrier since I tend to not carry my mat any farther than the distance between my parking space and the studio door, but at least this will keep my mat from unraveling in the back seat of my car. (Go Play 2.0, Manduka, $32)
2) Compass - An epic hiking adventure just may be in the works this year and it requires a compass. I need to practice my compass and topographical map reading skills that I haven’t used since I was 14. (SUUNTO M?3DL NH LEADER BASEPLATE COMPASS, MEC, $28)
3) Cardigans – My life philosophy is that you can never have too many cardigans, or cookies. Chalk it up to the cubicle farm life where the temperature switches from sweltering to frigid faster than you can say “At the end of the day, it is what it is.” (Any cardi will do, but I’m partial to v-necks with buttons like this AEO Boyfriend Cardigan, American Eagle, $34)
4) Athleta Stripe Fast Track Tank – I tried this on months and months ago and I regret not shelling out the $50 to buy it. It fit amazingly. It was perfectly stretchy without being clingy, light, and comfortable. It doesn’t look like they carry my size any more but I need to keep an eye out for a similar tank and snatch it up. (Stripe Fast Track Tank, Athleta, $49)
5) Wool Base Layer Top - I could use a mid-weight base layer for the aforementioned future hiking adventure. I like merino wool the best because it’s warm and dries fast. I find good wool stuff is worth shelling out big bucks. (Oasis Long Sleeve Half Zip Hood, Icebreaker, $130)
6) Sweat Pants – Because I always dress to impress and sweat pants always impress. . . actually I just need something warm to put on over my yoga pants in the winter. (Pocket Original Sweatpant, Roots, $68)
7) AE Artist Jeans – I only wear American Eagle Artist Jeans. I currently have two pairs with holes in the crotch. I have nothing against other companies or jeans, but constantly re-purchasing a style that I know looks good means less shopping, and I hate shopping. You’d think I’d look for a new brand that’s a little more durable since my thunder thighs consistently burn holes in the groin area but, again, that means more shopping. (AE Artist Jean, American Eagle, $51)
8) Tea for One – I drink tea on my own and preferably with biscuits whilst watching British television. Making an entire pot just means it goes cold or, even worse, I drink it completely and spend the next hours making repeated bathroom trips. A teapot for 8 to 16 ounces would be perfect. (Brown Betty Teapot – 2 Cup, English Tea Store, $32)
9) Moccasins – I wasn’t going to put them on my list this year but I still don’t own any and I still would like to. I guess I’ll continue to put them on my list every single year until I get them.
What do YOU want for Christmas this year? Maybe I’ll buy it for you!*
*Under no circumstances am I obliged to buy you anything for Christmas.